Police in the Slade Green area of South East London are touting a recent weapon seizure that has the internet rolling.
The Northumberland Heath Police on Friday posted images on social media of a blue-uniformed constable topped with a plastic safety helmet and grimly displaying what looks to be a replica broadsword. “This sword was found during the search of a vehicle earlier today in Slade Green,” said the agency. “Thankfully it’s been taken off the streets.”
Comments on Facebook and Twitter, which soared past the 7,000 mark, largely scoffed at the apparent ineffectual nature of the seizure.
Here is a sampling, for your amusement:
- I’m bringing 4 buddies there to overthrow your government. We will be armed with tube Socks filled with pennies.
- You’re doing God’s work, mate, lost an ancestor to a sword just like that in the 13th century.
- Remember when you guys had an empire?
- You dared to disarm a Templar whilst a Jihad is happening?
- One less threat of a peasant storming the castle.
- Was that a fully automatic assault sword?
- You could get 50 gold from a merchant if you sold that.
- Listen, strange women lyin’ in ponds distributin’ swords is no basis for a system of government.
- Don’t come crying to us when you have a dragon infestation and nothing to slay them with.
Police advise there is an “Investigation now under way,” into the sword.
The post And then they came for the broadswords: British cops up their game appeared first on Guns.com.